Saturday 27 June 2009

____________________________________


I know we post a lot of dubstep here and I (we all - I reckon) should clear up that we are not, neither are we trying to say, that we're experts on the genre. In recent months loads of people have been jumping on the dub bandwagon and it's definitely the music craze of the moment and we're part of this bandwagon. We only got into the genre because it started to build up some momentum in the blog/club world and we (like you lot) aren't pioneering any new genre here. Dubstep's been around for ages with the likes of Skream, Caspa and Rusko burrowing in the underground for the past 5 years. Maybe these guys want this shit kept underground, I don't have a fucking clue. But it's a big thing now, and I'm glad the bandwagon came, otherwise I probably would never have given dub a chance. I truly hate people who act like they were the first person to hear a genre, or 'discovered' a band/dj, and that they've been there from the start when they haven't, then destroy it with awful, awful mainstream-bandwagon-posing-nights.

Rant over.

Get ready for the dubstep comedown,
Crystal Fighters - Xtatic Truth (L-VIS 1990 Remix) [mp3]

0 comments:

Post a Comment