Tuesday 12 January 2010

Time Warp



Going back in time on this one.

I love going through all my old music. Songs that lead me to the music I'm into now and stuff that changed how I looked at (listened to?) music then. I thought I'd share some history with you. Some you'll know others you probably won't...,it was all relatively mainstream as underground music goes but all very good!

The first song I'm posting is the song right from the top of my "Hype Machine" playlist.
Moby - Dream About Me (Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)

This next one is the song that pretty much got me into fidget. All my mates were listening to this and i just hadn't heard anything like it before.. Let's say this opened up a new world of music for me..
The Streets - Let's Push Things Forward (Hostage Remix)

If you listen to the radio you'll most probably have heard that Wiley and Chew Fu song. I don't know what it's called.. I heard it the other day and i knew I'd heard it somewhere before.. I realised it's the 'Chew Fu Fix' of 'New York New York' by Frank Sinatra but with some Londoner 'rapping' over the top of it (and without the Frank Sinatra bits..). Well the original's here for the taking and much much better than Wiley.
Frank Sinatra - New York New York (Chew Fu Fix)

Last of the Time Warp songs for today is from two massive artists.. Pretty much the biggest and best fidget (and Dubstep) DJ/producers there are to be honest.. Another song that changed how I see music.. It pretty much introduced me to all things wobbly.. I mean, the Hostage remix of The Streets was some pretty wobbly bass, but this is some seriously wobbly bass! (I'm bored of the word wobbly, can we change it?!) This song is like a classic of it's genre, and probably will be for a very long time!
AC Slater - Jack Got Jacked (Jack Beats Remix)


Bonus:
Something a bit newer now, not brand new, but not far off..
OH SNAP!! - Plus Size Model (Jakwob Wobble Edit)

And i think that leaves us in approximately 2010?
Welcome back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment